Digital Communications Volunteer
Want to gain more experience of digital media? Care about green spaces and wildlife in your community? Want to help your community recover from the devastating impact of COVID-19 on our individual and collective wellbeing? Then this role could be for you.
Green Tides is the partnership across Adur and Worthing for about 40 'Friends of' groups who work in parks, cemeteries, beaches and other wild spaces, improving the natural habitat and enabling the community to take action to improve the natural environment around them. Green spaces have always been important to individual and community well being - but perhaps never more so than during this COVID-19 lockdown period. And the collaboration between our groups is more important than ever as we share ideas about how to re-start and increase the community's involvement in nurturing its green spaces.
Green Tides brings these groups together to share knowledge and resources, promote their amazing work and collaborate with partners including local businesses, charities and the Council.
Your role would be to help us maximise digital channels to share information, raise awareness of the vital role our green spaces play in the community and celebrate achievements.
We already have a website which is straightforward to update; and a Facebook page. Your role will be to:
- Connect with the Green Tides committee and its members to collate suitable content - events, projects, information, news, case studies, success stories etc.
- Post content onto our website and ensure it stays up to date and relevant.
- Post content onto our Facebook page - planned and reactive.
- Develop our digital media approach so that we are making the most of the opportunities it offers to achieve our aims and showcase the work of our member groups.
We are still recruiting to this role despite the COVID-19 lockdown. So if you're interested or have any questions, please get in touch by clicking the 'register your interest' button and we can talk via phone, email or zoom
Don't worry if you don't know what your availability will be longer term - we understand the world is very uncertain right now - we are still interested to hear from you.
You don't need to have done this kind of work before but you do need to be interested in digital media and actively use it in your own life. We are looking for someone who:
- Is genuinely interested in green spaces in communities.
- Is able to communicate well via digital media - writing interesting, short content.
Ideally you should be able to attend our members' meetings which are held six times a year on a Tuesday evening in Shoreham or Worthing. This is a great opportunity for you to meet members and catch up on news we want to share via digital media. However, if you're not sure whether you would be able to make all of these meetings, please don't let that put you off applying.
- Great experience for your CV if that interests you.
- The chance to make a difference to the community's wellbeing as we emerge from COVID 19.
- The chance to be part of a special bunch of people who care passionately about green spaces in our community.
You will need to have access to a computer or tablet to update the website. If you don't have one, please don't let it put you off applying.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility to organise this role around your other commitments. Ideally you should be able to spend some time every fortnight posting social content or updating the website. We appreciate that you may not know how long you will be able to commit to this role. Don't let that put you off applying. We are interested to hear from you.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur and Worthing
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities