Website support volunteer
Open Strings Music
Open Strings Music (OSM) is Brighton and Hove’s specialist community music service for adults of all abilities. We are a social enterprise which has been running community music projects in the city and beyond since 2013. We offer participatory music as a tool for engagement in a variety of community-based settings: for mental health, with older people, with people with learning disabilities, and with people with dementia and their carers.
We are recruiting a volunteer to maintain our website (www.openstrings.co.uk). The primary task is adding new content, which will be provided by us on a monthly basis. The website has been created in WordPress, and the new content includes videos and new sections.
This opportunity is remotely based. There will be a mix of email and face-to-face contact with our Directors.
Tasks will include:
- Maintaining WordPress website.
- Adding new content.
- Restoring website functionality.
- Working efficiently and adhering to timescales.
- Liaising with Open Strings Music staff.
- Attending briefing meetings, (up-to 4 per year).
- Adhering to Open Strings Music policies.
- Experienced in using WordPress.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Having an interest in the work of Open Strings Music and the groups we work with.
- Good communication skills.
1: Opportunity for anyone interested in supporting Open Strings Music work, and the rapidly growing field of music for wellbeing.
2: Being part of a small and vibrant team working in the arts
3: Having their skills highly appreciated!
- This opportunity is delivered remotely.
- Access to computer and internet.
- Able to attend briefing meetings, (upto 4 per year).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There are several tasks on the website in the first instance, which we envisage will take between 3-4 hours to complete. When these are completed, the time commitment should generally be one hour per month.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses can be provided.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer