Weekend Events Manager
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
In addition to the wide range of termly adult education courses, Rottingdean Whiteway Centre arranges up to ten weekend events per year on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings or, occasionally, all-day Saturday. The Events manager would find and engage speakers on subjects of interest and agree any fees, agree what technology needs to be available for the speaker and ensure it is set out for the event. They would oversee the event, collect and account for the money taken, organise and oversee any refreshments and generally ensure the event ran smoothly.
- Good organisational skills
- Reasonable IT proficiency, particularly with word-processing - ability to use a spreadsheet would be helpful.
- Ability to forward plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work closely with the Education Course Organiser.
- Doing something very interesting and rewarding for the benefit of the local community
- Working with the other like-minded and supportive members of the management committee
- Working in a centre with an excellent reputation for the quality of its adult education provision.
The role is ideal for a person who is retired and can give some time to the community. Ideally they should live locally to Rottingdean and preferably have the use of a car. The Centre is 2 minutes’ walk from the No 2 bus route and 8 minutes’ walk from bus routes 12, 14 and 27.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ongoing from present day.|
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities