Brighton People's Theatre
Brighton People’s Theatre Board plays a central role in the life of the company and is responsible for ensuring excellence governance, guarding the values and purpose of the organisation. Members of the Board are committed to the work of the organisation and enabling change in the way theatre is made and accessed in the UK today. Board Members will be committed to Brighton People’s Theatre being an equal, diverse and inclusive organisation, and this will be reflected in the make up of the Board and how we work.
This is an extraordinary time to be an arts organisation, as we navigate the changing conditions of operating in a pandemic. Brighton People’s Theatre has continued to provide services to our members throughout the pandemic, and we are expanding our reach this September as we roll out workshops in priority areas across Brighton & Hove. We need to review our future plans on how best we can increase our impact and ensure our artistic activity and financial model align.
We are keen to recruit Trustees with any of the following areas of sector experience:
- HR & Organisational Development– with experience of power sharing models in the Arts or Third Sector.
- Professional Theatre Expertise – experience of co-creating.
- Community Organising – ideally based in one of the following areas: Portslade, Bevendean & Moulsecoomb, Whitehawk, Tarner.
Brighton People’s Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome interest from all sectors and backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from those identifying as working class.
- Supporting a growing theatre company with excellent connections to the arts sector in Brighton and Hove and beyond
- Supporting the senior staff in their activities
- Supporting BPT to evaluate our own ways of working and share this to encourage wider learning.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Time Commitment • The full Board meets quarterly, plus one Away Day. • Sub-Committees may meet in addition to this commitment. • Ad hoc meetings or conference calls are occasionally convened throughout the year. • Enquiries from senior management are emailed out to individuals, or the whole Board, on a semi-regular basis and Board Members are expected to respond swiftly. • It is hoped that Board members will see as much of Brighton People’s Theatre work as possible each year and attend events when their schedules allow.|
Where does this role take place?
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities