The IT Mentor role involves working with a client on the Work Positive Programme (THT’s employability programme for people living with HIV) in on a one-to-one, face-to-face basis to assess IT needs and support the client to improve their IT skills accordingly. The Type of Tasks / Activities you could be involved with:
• To deliver one-to-one IT support face-to-face with a client on the Work Positive programme
• To develop IT goals and plans to guide your sessions
• Motivating the client to develop their IT skills and apply them in their personal and professional life
• To support a client with employment related IT skills such as email (MS Outlook), word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel)
• To encourage the client to complete online IT courses
• To identify local IT skills courses to signpost clients towards
• Showing them how to use the internet to find employment/ volunteering opportunities
This opportunity is available in both East and West Sussex (inc Brighton, Hove and Worthing).
Desirable Skills / Experience Sought:
• Good working knowledge of MS Office and social media
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of setting goals and creating action plans
• Experience of supporting clients on a one-to-one basis
• A commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate personal and professional boundaries
• An understanding of HIV and related issues
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Gain experience in one-to-one support and motivational techniques
• Full training provided
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where possible
• Support and supervision
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Desired Commitment: It is expected that the IT Mentor will meet with their client for one hour every week.|
- Employment, Education and Training
Over 18 only
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Volunteer will be reimburse reasonable expenses for lunch and travel.
- Health and Safety
All volunteer will be required to complete a two day induction training.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Support on Offer
All volunteers will be offered the opportunity to complete regular supervisions
All volunteers will be offered role specific training.