We urgently need people with some technical skills in the following roles to repair scooters and powerchairs:
- Electrical repairs, primarily of mobility scooters;
- Mechanical Repairs, primarily of mobility scooters;
- Workshop stores technician to sort and catalogue parts and refurbish them for use and resale;
- Assessment technician - this involves working with disabled clients and requires a DBS check.
- Enthusiastic labourer to help move scooters, powerchairs and parts, most of which are too heavy for Martin to lift!
Car mechanics, engineers, electricians, experience all helpful.
Any electrical and mechanical experience would be helpful but we have the experience and knowledge to train you in this area through guidance, instruction and working as a team.
- Opportunity to use our workshop
- Work experience & training
- Improves CV
- Meet other people
We are situated behind Worthing main train station and bus routes.
We will work around your availability but usually, we are open every Tuesdays, however, we are open to work other days - so let's speak!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are eager to gain volunteers in this role and opportunities are available ASAP and ongoing.|
- Practical Skills
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities