Worthing Dad La Soul Session Supervisor
Calling all dads! We're recruiting a new Session Supervisor to run our flagship Dad La Soul sessions in Worthing.
We're a grassroots movement that uses arts, music, tech and play to tackle social isolation. A non-profit organisation, we produce kick-ass, dad-friendly playdates for dads, stepdads, male carers, granddads… and their kids.
Featuring filmmaking, circus skills, soft play, craft, and more, our monthly events provide a safe, open space for dads to come together.
Your role will involve:
- Manage and run Worthing events from set up to tidy up
- Deliver engaging, well-organised sessions: coordinate featured guests, encourage participation, support positive behaviour, manage housekeeping and safety, etc.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, data protection and customer care
- Identify and source themes & guests for future Dad La Soul events
- Work with marketing to publicise events.
Prior event organisation experience isn’t necessary but would be helpful.
More important is that you’re organised, confident, outgoing, collaborative and, importantly, committed. We need someone to give up one Saturday morning each month – it’s crucial that you’re willing and able to do so.
Being able to work off your own initiative, solve problems and motivate those around you are great attributes. As is good communication, a willingness to get involved and the ability to build positive relationships with other volunteers, staff and, crucially, our customers.
You might have a background of events management. Perhaps you’re experienced working with adults and children. Or, maybe you just feel you’ve got the skills to take this on. We’d be happy to have a chat.
We're a growing organisation working hard to make a difference for everyone who gets involved with our events and communities. As well as new skills and experience, you will
- Know you're playing a part in tackling social isolation during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- Be part of an innovative start-up, that is actively breaking rules and making a real difference.
- Get to spend a few hours each month with a fantastic group of people who rely on these events to build strong relationships with each other and with their kids.
Events will be based in Worthing and you will have to attend in person.
We have loads of toys, lego, craft materials and other fun stuff for each event. Ideally, the Session Supervisor will collect and bring these materials to each event. You do not need to store them between events. If you don't or can't drive, we would still like to hear from you - it is possible to arrange for the materials to be brought to the event.
Dad La Soul is a project that focuses on the challenging social isolation in dads but we actively welcome applications from people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Events take place one Saturday per month. Expect to be required all morning and part of the afternoon. Dates to be confirmed.|
Where does this role take place?
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Administration and Office
- Film Making
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Practical Skills
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities