Yada Fundraiser - Trust & Foundations
Our volunteer positions are open to WOMEN ONLY and subject to exemption from the Sex Discrimination Act Section 7 (e).
Yada aims to prevent the sexual exploitation of women and young people through:
- provision of support through our outreach service, across coastal West Sussex, to women in the sex industry;
- education, training and awareness raising workshops to community/voluntary sector organisations;
- partnership working to improve access to specialist services;
- developing services to include prevention of Child Sexual Exploitation.
Yada is the overarching charitable organisation that runs The Esther Project (TEP). TEP is an outreach service to women in the sex industry across Worthing and coastal West Sussex. The project aims to increase safety, reduce isolation and improve emotional well-being amongst women in the sex industry.
Role Description and Person Specification
Your role will be to support the Manager with fundraising activities with a focus on Trust & Foundations, bid writing and proof-reading, research and tracking applications.
- An understanding of the issue of sexual exploitation and commitment to further learning
- The ability to work independently without regular supervision and effectively prioritise work responding to changing external demands
- Able to work effectively as part of the volunteering team and with staff members
- Good telephone manner and confidence in approaching funders for further information
- Good organisation skills
- Proven IT skills such as Microsoft Office and email
- Enthusiasm and sympathy for the work of Yada
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
As this role may require you handling sensitive information, you will be required to sign a confidentiality form.
Yada is committed to providing volunteers with training which will enhance and widen their skills, and which will benefit both the individuals and Yada. Training will be tailored according to the volunteer role.
Expenses - It may be possible for volunteers to claim expenses, related to their volunteering. This will be agreed in advance by the office manager and will be confirmed in writing.
This opportunity will offer flexible volunteering hours.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are open Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays.|
Where does this role take place?
9-13 Crescent Road
- Fundraising and Finance
We have a lift into the office space
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer