Young Enterprise Business Volunteer
The Business Volunteer role is to mentor a group of young people who are setting up and running their own student company during the academic year. Students elect a Board of Directors, sell shares, open a business bank account, decide on a product or service, sell at trade fairs and enter a competition.
With full training and support your role would be to guide the students and provide your expertise and advice. No specific experience needed, just the enthusiasm to motivate the young people. Meetings are bi-weekly for an hour, usually in a school setting.
We are looking for volunteers in Adur and Worthing and the Arun area, specifically Littlehampton.
- No specific skills or experience are needed however the ability to lead and motivate young people is very important.
- A knowledge of how businesses run and become successful is also useful.
- An opportunity to network with other professional people and Business Volunteers.
- The chance to develop your own skills whilst helping the young people to develop theirs.
- We provide full training plus an enhanced DBS background check.
- This opportunity is available at a few locations in the county of West Sussex.
- Business Volunteers make their own travel arrangements.
- Parking is often available at schools but should be arranged before the visit.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||These times would be discussed when the Business Volunteer is being allocated to a student company.|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities